Want to make someone happy? What about a Do-it-yourself Advent calendar? I just love the Christmas Countdown and I think an Advent calendar is not only a nice thing for kids, but for adults, too! Today I want to show you a version that I did for my boyfriend this year. I already did a similar one last year and totally love the clean and simple design. This fits perfectly in our living room. I had so much fun making it and I hope you get a little inspired! Of course, you can change the colors and decor. Be creative and have fun 🙂
Do-it-Youself Advent Calendar
What you need:
- a wooden board
- white color (I used wall paint)
- another contrast color (I used black and white and mixed several shades of grey)
- 24 paper cups (available here)
- Advent calendar numbers or alternatively a pen (available here and here)
- decoration (whatever you like)
- white thumbtacks
- Paint your wooden board with white color. Don’t forget the edges.
- Let the paint dry and go on with the cups. Paint them in whatever colors you like
- Ater everything is dry, you can now add the advent calendar numbers or label them with a pen
- Place your wooden board on the floor and start to add the cups to the board with the thumbtacks. It’s best to put them right in the middle of the cup so you don’t see them from the outside. Use 2 for a better hold.
- Now the Advent Calendar is almost finished and you can start decorating
- Last but not least you have to fill the Advent Calendar 🙂
I hope you like this little Christmas DIY!