Autumn is not just my favorite season when it comes to outfits. Also in the kitchen, the golden season is my unbeaten favorite. Pumpkins, cranberries, red cabbage, mushrooms, cinnamon, apples, pears … these are just a few of my favorite ingredients for autumn. Today I have the first autumn recipe in this year for you: a delicious quinoa salad with lamb’s lettuce, cranberries, and pomegranate. This salad is filling, cozy, aromatic, autumnal, fresh, fruity and mild! The salad is easy to prepare and can be served cold or warm. The combination of quinoa, lamb’s lettuce, berries and grains is the perfect mix for a light, balanced and autumnal lunch.
Did you know that quinoa is a real nutrient bomb? It contains a high content of vegetable protein and contains many vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. With 100g of quinoa, a third to half of the recommended daily quantity of magnesium and iron is covered. Since Quinoa is gluten-free, it is also a great alternative for all people with a gluten intolerance.
I personally have been a long quinoa fan and use it for both sweet and salty foods. Quinoa is available in every well-sorted supermarket with an organic corner, or online.
I hope you like my salad recipe. Would love to hear your feedback about it! 🙂 Find more recipes here.
- 100g Quinoa
- 100g lamb's lettuce
- 1 handfull Cranberries
- 1 handfull Pomegranate
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp pumpking seeds
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Balsamico
- Salt, Pepper and herbs
- First of all, we wash and rinse the Quinoa before cooking it it until its soft and fluffy
- During that time, we was the lettuce and put it together with the cranberries, pomegranate, sunflower- and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl
- now we prepare the dressig: mix all the ingredients together and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes
- As soon as the Quinoa is ready, you can either put it in the fridge or put it directly in the bowl with the other ingredients
- mix until all ingredient are well combined and then add the dressing